Steps I followed:
- Washed and deep conditioned hair.
- Used Mizani's Thermastrength Style Serum prior to setting
- After drying hair (underneath a bonnet hair dryer) and removing rollers, I used a small bit of Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter to tame flyaways and maintain sheen.
- Because the initial result yields fluffy and bouncy curls, I clip my hair up into a loose bun at the top of my head (for about 2 hours, or overnight) to help elongate curls (thus creating waves).
- Afterwards, shake, use fingers to define curl pattern (if necessary) and go!
*NOTE: Let me just say I SUCK at roller setting. Because I'm a perfectionist, my sets MUST be nothing less than salon quality when done. I have the professional rollers, the clips, the net PLUS ear covers for when I sit underneath the dryer. Because of all the above, it takes me about an hour to set my hair on rollers. I have to keep a spray bottle nearby because by the time I'm done, my hair is about 95% dry :-(
However, the end results yielded BIG fluffy waves. Usually I'd take my flat iron and go over the roots, but I didn't want flat hair. I love the volume.
Just fyi- I can usually get a good 7 days out of this style (first 3 - 4 days down, remaining 2 or 3 days are ponytail/bun days)
Do you roller set your hair?